Please take time to carefully read the COVID-19 guidance provided below.
Undertaking any activity, including tennis, has the potential for increased risk of transmission of COVID-19.
Government COVID guidance is available here. LTA COVID guidance and resources are available here.
Using LTA guidance, the Committee has prepared a Risk Assessment (see below) to create a COVID-secure environment for playing tennis.
Some key points from the risk assessments include: -
- Self-assess for COVID-19 symptoms. Do not leave your home to play tennis if you or someone you live with has symptoms of COVID-19 or if you are self-isolating.
- Please bring hand sanitiser. Use sanitiser regularly, especially after touching shared surfaces.
- Social distancing to be maintained before, during and after play for all tennis activity.
- Arrive changed and ready to play.
- Do not shake hands, touch rackets instead.
- Bring your own water.
- Take your rubbish home.
- If anyone who has played at our club develops symptoms of COVID-19, please inform the club by emailing [email protected] and follow the Government’s ‘test and trace’ guidelines, which can be read on the Gov.uk website.
Advice on Clubhouse and Social Play. (Note that Pay & Play and Community members cannot use the clubhouse or participate in club social play.)
- Clubhouse has limited ventilation, please keep usage to a minimum. Tea and coffeee facilities are available, please bring your own mug, teaspoon and tea towel.
- Please use face coverings when in the clubhouse unless there is a medical reason for not wearing a face covering.
- Minimise time in the clubhouse and toilet as they are areas of increased risk.
- The entrance door must always be kept open when anyone is in the Clubhouse to improve ventilation.
- Use anti-bacterial wipes provided in the toilet to wipe down contact points before and after using the toilet (e.g. taps, door handle, flush handle, toilet seat). Used wipes to be placed in the bin, never flush down the toilet as they will cause blockages.