Enderby Achieves Clubmark Status
Enderby Tennis Club Achieves Clubmark Status
Enderby was granted LTA Clubmark status in recognition of the club's delivery of high quality tennis programmes for adult and junior members of the club and for the wider community. The clubmark status was achieved in 2014 and required the club to meet multiple criteria and is significant for the club's reputation as an accessible provider of fun and competitive tennis for a range of ages and abilities.
What is Clubmark?
Clubmark is the universally acknowledged cross sport accreditation scheme for community sports Clubs. It is based on criteria which must be supported by specific evidence including:
- Comprehensive playing programmes for a range of ages and abilities
- A duty of care for members and anyone playing at the club - including safeguarding welfare, health and safety policies and child protection
- A commitment to fairness and equality for all
- Evidence of good club management.
Benefits of Clubmark
- Improved club experience for current and prospective members through adherence to clubmark standards.
- Confirms the club's reputation as a high quality provider of tennis programmes and activity
- Improved access to funding from sporting, youth and education agenicies.
Enderby Tennis Club Chairman Steve Ince is presented with Clubmark certification by Paul Sheard of the LTA.