At Enderby Tennis Club there are 14 senior teams involved in summer or winter leagues.
The 2019 league fixtures can be found using the links provided below.
League fixtures, positions and results for the Summer Teams are shown here , the Winter Teams are shown here - this will take you to the ELTC section of the LTA Leicestershire County Doubles Leagues 2019 site.
- 2 Men's Summer Teams - Group 4A & 6A
- 2 Men's Winter Teams - Group 5 & 7
- 2 Mixed Summer Teams - Group 5B and 6B
- 1 Mixed Winter Team - Indoor League at Loughborough - not yet released for 2019
- Vets fixtures and results - click here
- 1 Ladies Vets Team (over 40) - Group 7
- 1 Men's Vets Team (over 40) - Group 4
- 1 Men's Super Vets Team (over 60) - see Steve Ince - click here for Super Vets fixtures and results
Men's Selector Matt Stevenson Tel. 07716 362 658 Email. [email protected]
Ladies' Selector Lynne Meredith Tel. 07849 615 373 Email. [email protected]
- In the summer and vets leagues (excluding the super vets) each team will play 9 matches a mixture of Home & Away.
- The winter and mixed leagues ony usually consist of 4-5 matches depending on how many teams there are in the division.
- Match fees of £3 are payable for both Home and Away Matches, collected by the team captain.
- Each summer & mixed team consists of 6 players (3 pairs) and each pair plays 3 sets, 1 against each pair from the opposition.
- Each set is to 9 games with a 7 point tie-break at 8-8 if necessary.
- The winter and Vet's team consists of 4 players (2 pairs) and each pair plays 4 sets, 2 against each pair. If the match ends at 4 sets all then a 10 point match tie break is played between 1 pair from each team of their choice.
- Car pooling is organised by the captain of each team for the away matches.
- Refreshments for home matches are organised by the home captain, it is usual to provide a tea for all the players for after the match.
- New balls should be used and are provided by the club.
- If bad weather is likely to prevent play then the captains should liaise with the players and make a decision to re-arrange.
- Matches are a great way to meet new people, play competitive tennis and most importantly have fun and enjoy yourself.